MetiStream Privacy and Disclosure Statement
August 8, 2016
MetiStream Inc. (referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”) operates the Web address, http://www.metistream.com (the “Site”). The Site is subject to the following terms and conditions, which set forth the legally binding terms for your use of the Site.
We reserve the right to modify or otherwise update this Agreement at any time by posting the modified version on our Site and revising the effective date. When we post a change, the change is effective upon posting.
What information do we collect?
When you order or register on our site, we may ask you to provide your name or e-mail address. If you do not provide your name to us, you may visit our site anonymously.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use any information we collect in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. In some cases, the information you provide helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We believe in continuous improvement and strive to improve our website offerings based on the information from visitors.
- To improve our customer service. Some information provided by you will help us more effectively respond to your customer service requests.
- To process your transaction. When you buy a product or service directly from us, we may collect information from that transaction. We will not sell exchange or transfer your information to another company.
- To send periodic emails. If you place an order with us, we may use the email address you provide to send information and updates pertaining to your order. If you opt-in to our email list, we may use the email address you provide to send occasional company news, topical information or updates on relevant products or service, etc. (Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer surveys or other site feature.
How do we protect your information?
We use commercially reasonable measures to protect the customer data against unauthorized access.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will not sell, exchange or transfer your personal information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us directly in operating our Website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or to protect ours or others rights, property or safety. We may provide non-personally identifiable visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We may provide links to third party websites on this Site. We have not reviewed all linked third party sites. We do not control and are not responsible for any of these Websites and their content. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Children Protection Policy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. MetiStream (at metistream.com) does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that metistream.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (at 703.448.3841 or use our online contact form) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
(This disclosure was last modified on 08/8/2016). To offset our costs for operating this Site, we do generate revenue from some of the links listed within the Site